Thursday, January 29, 2015

Clipping Envy

I'm not gonna lie, I've become increasingly jealous of all of you that get to clip your ponies for the winter.  Chloe is pasture boarded at my barn and she is happiest living outside, but despite my best efforts to layer the blankets, she is a woolly mammoth beast.  Which means that any time she works, she sweats and it takes FOR-EV-ER (channeling my best Sandlot voice here). for her to dry off.  So while my pony spends cold, sweaty evenings like this:

Jumper Pony says Jumpers do not have to do matchy matchy.

Slobbercicles.  So hot right now.

I dream of the sleek, hairless pony that doesn't even break a sweat.   The last time I clipped a horse was my Holteiner/TB mare Roxy circa 2007?  And we were pretty plain.
Where is my helmet?!

Nowadays, there's all sorts of fun designs to for your pony to wear. Like leopard print.  Wouldn't Chloe love to be in Chloe's Mom love her in leopard print?  Or zebra?

Since Chloe must continue to be a hairy wildebeest until April or May, I will just have to settle for drooling over some of my favorite clip jobs to help me get through the next few months.

Star Pony!

My favorite.

Or maybe we could be a zebra...

Reverse Star Pony.

Island Escape.


Love the wings on the Friesian!


Or perhaps a giraffe pattern for my giraffe pony....

Fun!

Classic horse skeletal structure.

 Does your horse have any fun clip design this winter or do you share in my hairy wildebeest misery?

7 comments:

  1. No fun clip designs! I typically do a full body but recently did a low trace since our weather has been crazy up and down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm jealous of Simon's trace and I miss Texas winters. Kansas weather is too bipolar for me! :-)

      Delete
  2. Love the fancy clip jobs. My boys live outside and I'm a sucker for whiskers. :) OK winds are no joke. I'm sure KS too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously! :-) It is just so bipolar here this winter, how bout OK? We had snow for a week then almost summer for a week now sort of summer and probably more snow next week....

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is almost a necessity for me to clip- but my mare needs a little cocktail to do so. Bit of a hassle, but shes much happier than being soaked in sweat. It currently feels like -12* right now so I feel horrible despite the million blankets she has on!

    xx Lindsay
    The Inside Turn. Equestrian Blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you. Did you ever see the comic with the one horse that has like 6 layers on and the other horse says "What happened to you?" The layered one replies "My Mom was cold." I sometimes feel like that is Chloe's response about me. I go out worrying that she is going to be freezing and she is fine.

      Delete